Pictures by Ms zing bowl
Post and recipe by: P.Ladle
Inspired by: Strawberries, basil, Nathan, Mud Coffee and Ms. Julie Brunch.
Strawberry Muffins with Basil. Yup, Basil!
It's good. So simple, yet so delicious! It's definitely going to be a new favorite around here.
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped strawberries
3 leaves of basil chopped
1tsp lemon zest
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Oil an 8 cup muffin tin or use paper liners.
- In small bowl, combine oil, milk and egg.
- Beat lightly.
- In a large bowl, mix flour , salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour.
- Add chopped basil and the lemon zest.
- Pour in milk and stir together.
- Fill muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until the tops bounce back from the touch.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.