Sunday, April 4, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms- pics and post by P Ladle

On Saturday, I made stuffed mushrooms again using a recipe that a friend of mine shared with me when I was craving them one day on facebook. This is my second time making them, because I loved them so much last time. I went to the store to buy strawberries for my beach picnic with Nathan and Stephanie and saw that mushrooms were on sale for $1.99 a pack. So, I grabbed two packs, and as soon as I got home from the beach, I hurried into the kitchen and made these delightful, delicious treats! Give it a try. It's really simple.

Ingredients:
2 Packs of white button mushrooms
2 tbsp of olive oil or butter
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 small or 1 medium sized onions
pinch of salt
cooking wine or white wine

Directions:
1. Wash well, and pull off the bottoms. Don't discard the bottoms, but set aside to chop.
2. Chop 2 small onions, mushroom bottoms, and 2 cloves of garlic
3. add olive oil, a pinch of salt and sautee them in a non-stick pan
until mostly cooked.
4. In a bowl pour the cooked onions, garlic and mushroom bottoms. Add the bread crumbs with the cooking oil or white wine. Mix well, and begin stuffing the mushroom tops with mixture.
5. Cover them with shredded mozzarella cheese. Place them on a pan into the oven, 350 degrees. Cook 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese turns golden brown.
6. Let cool and pop 'em in your mouth!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm~ that would make a perfect appetizer~!
    thanx for sharing... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo mushrooms and cheese! that looks so good! i must try that sometime...

    ReplyDelete